Thursday, August 4, 2011

Do you think CPS is corrupt?

I can't say that CPS is corrupt through and through, but I do believe there is a great deal of corruption within CPS. I have seen for myself that caseworkers lie and exaggerate in order to take kids away from homes where they were not at risk. (And no, I have never been investigated. I've seen it happen to other people.) You have to be aware that there's a great deal of money handed over to local CPS offices on a per-child basis. Utah, for example, spends $46,000+ per child per year to keep a kid in foster care, and most of that DOES NOT go to the foster parents. It stays in the department to fund the department or goes to pay "service providers" (mental health professionals, etc.) who profit from the child protection industry. People do what you pay them to do. CPS gets paid (funded) to remove kids from their homes. Even when the kids are returned eventually, many of them have been injured or traumatized by the time they get to come home. The system needs serious reform, and it needs to have some very bad apples weeded out.

No comments:

Post a Comment